Monday, January 9, 2012

Scrumdiddlyumptious Cookies...

aka No Bake- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies with chocolate chips and raisins. The scrumdiddlyumptious came from Nate while eating them.

When looking for the recipe the first time, I noticed that every single one called for at least 2 cups of sugar! That.... Was way too much for my liking... So I swapped the sugar for less maple syrup, added chocolate chips and raisins to the mix... And well they are delicious! By the way.. For those who don't use dairy.. You can substitute soy milk and earth balance butter(not butter)... I love making these cookies when in a chocolate mood.. Especially since we usually have all these ingredients on hand...


What you will need...
1 cup maple syrup (I used grade B)
1/2 cup milk
1 stick of butter
3 Tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanut butter
3 1/2 heaping cups of oatmeal (not instant)
1 cup chocolate chips (I used grain sweetened)
1 cup raisin

In a medium large sauce pan combine maple syrup, milk, butter and cocoa powder. Whisk together and heat till boiling. Boil for 1 minute. Turn of heat add vanilla and peanut butter.. Whisk together until combined. Next, fold oatmeal into the mix. At this point, if I notice it is really wet I will sprinkle a little extra oatmeal into it. Fold chocolate chips and raisins into the party.
At this point you can either spoon out onto wax paper, Or line mini muffin tin with cupcake liners. I use a mini ice scream scooper (2 Tbl) and scoop batter into tin. This time I ran out of liners so I also scooped onto wax paper.

This made 62 cookies!

We have made these with chunky peanut butter... Also very good, just a little dry and crumbly.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. so awesome em! i've never tried your version and am so excited to as soon as i get back to LA! xoxo

    ReplyDelete