Friday, January 6, 2012

Leftovers for dinner tonight.... So let's look at some Cake!

About a year ago I started to take cake decorating classes. Oh how I loved it... There is something so calming and relaxing to me when baking and decorating. Here are a few of my earlier cakes... This was a vanilla cake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Decorated with handmade sugar flowers(made with royal icing).





This next cake I made was for when the Vikings played the Pats last year. Unfortunately the cake did not help the Vikings at all.... They still LOST! Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.


This last cake today was my first experiment with Fondant. This was not homemade Fondant so the fondant tasted... Well kinda gross... In a later post I will share my recipe for Fondant... So yummy and not too hard to make. This was a Red Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting covered in Fondant. Decorated with gum paste Daisies.





A few of my firsts. Next to come birthday cakes. I absolutely love how with a few ingredients you can make something beautiful and edible!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great eye for decorations...and that is a bonus to the total yumminess in tasting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you take the cake decorating class?

    ReplyDelete