Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holiday Gifts

Two weeks ago we were in need of Holiday gifts for Annie's teachers and a few of our friends. So, we made Oreo Cheesecake Truffles and Peppermint chocolate cake truffles. Both addictive and very delicious.

Oreo Cheesecake Truffles
1 15.5 oz bag of Oreos
1 brick of cream cheese room temp
1 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips
2 Tbs veg shortening

Take Oreos and put in a gallon size food bag. Take out all of our aggression and beat and smush until fine crumbs.

Place crumbs into bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment. Add cream cheese and mix on med-low until well combined.

On a wax paper lined cookie sheet roll mixture into small balls. I use a small 2oz ice cream scooper to make sure same size. Then hand roll into balls. Place balls into fridge for 30 min.

While balls are chilling, melt chocolate and shortening, either in a double boiler or microwave. Making sure to stir as you go.

Take tray of balls out of fridge. Then going to dip each one in the chocolate.
Place ball in chocolate, roll around, gently take out and shake off excess chocolate. Place back on wax paper. When finished with all, place back in fridge to set up. About 30 min.
Enjoy! Chocolate bark and Cake truffle recipes to come :)






4 comments:

  1. Love the name!! I'll hope to be inspired...I'm NOT a good baker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can confirm, they were both addictive and delicious! I'm going to save this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest to these being simply fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I was actually chanting "just one more!" I'm definitely a fan.

    ReplyDelete