Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Maple Banana Bread

When cooking for my kids, I rarely ever use cane sugar. Unless it is for a cake or cupcake... But for everyday use, I try to only use honey or Maple Syrup. So when my mom passed this recipe my way I was really excited! I have changed it a bit.. Less maple added some vanilla and cinnamon and it is great. At times I have even sneaked some zucchini in there and you can't even tell.

Maple Banana Bread

1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg (room temp)
1/2 cup maple syrup grade B preferably (room temp)
3-4 good sized bananas mashed (all depends on how many I have)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 - 1 cup chocolate chips -I use malt sweetened(optional)
1 grated zucchini (optional)

PreHeat oven at 350 degrees F

With a mixer, beat together the butter, egg, maple syrup, vanilla and banana. Until creamed.
In a dif bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture and stir until moistened. Fold in pecans or chocolate chips or zucchini if using.
Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F, for 25 min. Turn the oven down to 300 and continue baking for around 30 min, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed.
Remove from oven and cool for 10 min on cooling rack. Take out of pan and completely cool.. (if possible.. i can never wait to let it cool completely before eating!!)





3 comments:

  1. Yours tastes better...... happy to always sample your yummies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really yummy, add a cup of coffee and a great friend and it's an afternoon treat!! So glad I got to score a piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this today!! Super simple, the kids helped mash the bananas, and came out delicious!!

    ReplyDelete