Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cake Break...



It is time to talk cake again... Yes again.... This next cake we are going to look at is so far my favorite cake that I have done! It was my first tiered cake... so my nerves were going... But I don't know what I was worried about... not so hard..



This cake was for a very special young lady who was turning 4... When it came time to start thinking about her cake, I asked he what she wanted.



Favorite color- purple, green, and pink

Flavor- chocolate and vanilla

Anything else- butterflies





So I got to thinking.. Butterflies? I knew I wanted to make everything edible so I had to make them out of chocolate.

I made a template and piped out the wings and antenna with chocolate and vanilla candy melts.









Next was the actual cake itself... On each tier she was given a layer of chocolate cake and a layer of vanilla... all with vanilla butter cream filling and then iced in vanilla butter cream as well.




















Next I covered the cake in homemade marshmallow fondant.... then stacked the layers.















I was then able to assemble with all the lovely butterflies










Final Product



Here is the cake at the party.. we added some sugar cookies with a little vanilla butter cream... some even got butterflies!


This by far has been my favorite.. I really like how clean fondant makes a cake look.. I can not wait to make my next cake!  who knows what it will be?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment