Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chocolate fudge....chocolate mousse....chocolate ganache...

And dark chocolate cake... How much chocolate can one put into a cake... Never too much.

If you read this post awhile ago, you are wondering to yourself.. Is this the same thing? Answer, No! For some reason my other post just up and disappeared... Like it never exsisted... Let's try again!

Since I stared baking and making cakes... In hopes of starting a business, which I am... Slowly but surely! I have been making cakes for family members... Someone has to be the guinea pigs for my creations!

Well, back in October was my moms birthday.. So I asked what she wanted. The answer was chocolate.. Which I already knew, because if you know my mom... You know she loves decedent dark chocolate cakes.

So, my research began into finding the best chocolate cake.... Not 'Death' by chocolate... But...'Bliss' by chocolate. Well I found it 26 oz worth of chocolate! So much so that I emptied the shelf at the store of their bakers and semisweet chococlate! Not only did this cake have a ton of chocolate, but it was labor intensive! Only took 10 hours to make...I know what you are thinking.. That I am crazy! You are right.. Mind you though this was between naps and playing with my children... But still the steps were long and this cake just took forever.. But well worth it!

Enough all ready.. I know... Let's get to the cake!

-bottom layer :dark chocolate fudge brownie
-middle layer :chocolate mousse
-top layer : dark chocolate cake



Drenched in chocolate Ganache!



After this was done.. I had to pack the car with the kids and cake... I put the cake in a carrier and then covered it with everything and anything I could find from the freezer... Thank goodness for Icepops! This had to make it the 3 1/2 hr journey ! Well it made it and was enjoyed by all!

 Did I tell I tell you how good it was???? Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. And as the receiver of this OUT OF THIS WORLD chocolate cake I can whole heartedly say it was the best ever cake I tasted in my many chocolate loving years. And next year I'm hoping she will make it again. Thanks Em... Just looking at the picture brings back all the yummy memories!

    ReplyDelete