Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let's talk Fondant.....

Fondant... That sometimes thick gross layer of chewy sugar on top of cakes that usually gets pealed off and left on the side of your plate... Well I don't like it! At least that version.

Awhile back I started doing research on how to make my own, in hopes that it would taste better and I wouldn't have to buy it.

After hours of research .... Reading recipes, watching YouTube and actually testing it out... I finally came up with the best version that works for me... And it actually tastes Good! It happens to be a Marshmallow Fondant!

It takes marshmallows...vanilla...tons of sugar... And kneading... lots and lots of kneading! Did I mention kneading?


The result... Defiantly worth it!

This was my daughters 4th Birthday cake.

-Strawberry cake(with over 1lb of strawberries) with a layer of chocolate ganache, covered in chocolate buttercream, then covered in homemade Fondant.

-The cupcakes were chocolate with vanilla buttercream. Decorated with Oreo sunflowers and M&m ladybugs!


I absolutely love working with fondant! I think it can become something beautiful... And now that it can taste good.. Well we definitely have a winner!

4 comments:

  1. And your work is fantastic, and it all tastes fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i might have to try it sometime. fondant tends to intimidate me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people might skip a fondant topping...but not Em's. Here's is absolutely delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete